Roundtable of EU financial centres meeting in Tallinn
- 12:30 - 17:00
Tartu mnt.2, floor 14
- Gathering, coffee & lunch [12:30]
- Opening remarks [13:00]
- (FinanceEstonia & Financial centres Round table)
- Introduction by Madrid (Javier Méndez)
- Capital Markets Union Status [13:30-14.00]
– Financial Regulators contribution and activities for CMU acceleration. How also smaller markets can be effectively and further integrated to EU capital market?
+ Status Update on EU presidency and key decision related with EU financial market.
- Märten Ross (Ministry of Finance, Estonia)
CMU Discussion [14:00-14:30]
- Brexit implications and Status update.
- Consequences of high bank credit reliance and threats of capital concentration and market fragmentation in EU region.
- The role of the Financial Centres Roundtable to Capital Markets Union agenda.
- (EF de Lencquesaing), Rauno Klettenberg/Aare Tammemäe & UK Representative
- Estonian E-residency project and impact to Financial services [14:30-14:50]
- Member of the e-residency management team
- Regional Baltic banking market; data and competition challenges for banking services AML, KYC [14:50-15:30]
- Erki Kilu (Estonian Banking Association/ LHV Bank)
- Current Roundtable of European Financial Centres Topics [15:30-16:45]
– Revision of the Roundtable Action Plan
– Progress report on Pablo Rivera publication
– Optimizing common process on best practices & common issues
- Update on Roundtable enlargement [16:45-16:50]
- EF de Lencquesaing
- AOB [16:50-17:00]